Sunday, February 9, 2014

English Literature Personal Statement

English Literature Personal Statement

Literature unites everything that I find exhilarating about life, and most of my spare time is taken up with reading. To me, literature and the written word is mankind's greatest achievement, which is why I am determined to dedicate my life to its study. I am not content with simply reading a text, as I have a hunger to learn everything I can about what I read, how it was written,why it was written, what it means, its place in literature as a whole. 

Study Notes

We aim to foster a life-long love of the subject and offer plenty of choice to meet students' interests and needs.
 
In our language specifications you can choose to study a variety of text modes, including new media texts that reflect the way we use language today. 

In our literature specifications there is a choice of engaging heritage and contemporary texts so teachers have the scope to make selections based on their students' – and their own – preferences and passions. Our combined qualifications open up an opportunity to explore a range of language and literature topics within single specifications.

Literature
  1. Prose
  2. Poetry
  3. Drama
  4. Novel

Linguistics
  1. Phonetics
  2. General Linguistics

No comments:

Post a Comment